Unauthorised billboards to be removed by September 1

BILLBOARDS-505x330The Ministry of Roads and Highways in collaboration with the Ghana Road Safety Commission have issued a directive for the removal of all billboards mounted at inappropriate locations across the country.

The directive is expected to start on September 1st and will ensure the removal of all sub-standard and unauthorized billboards across the country.

Speaking to Citi News, Director of Planning and Programmes of the Ghana Road Safety Commission,  David Osafo Adonteng said the billboards that do not conform to road safety regulations of the country posed threats to road users and hence the decision to remove all of them.

According to him, the directive which was issued by his outfit earlier this year will be carried out despite request from some advertisers to extend the deadline till next year.

“The stakeholders have met and the Ministry of Roads and Highways have asked us to maintain the September 1st deadline. We have a task force being assembled to go round and identify these billboards. So from now to September, if you see any billboard with a removal notice, then you know they are to be removed,” he said.

source: citifmonline.com