Two women electrocuted in Bawku

electricityA nursing mother, Madam Safia Karimu and Madam Asongba, a mother of five were on Tuesday electrocuted in Bawku in the Upper East region.

The two petty traders who live in the same community were fetching water when one of them, Madam Asongba,  leaned on a wall that was electrified by an exposed live wire and got electrocuted.

Madam Fatima Abugre, a neighbour, who narrated the incident in Bawku, said when Madam Karimu saw the colleague struggling, she decided to help her by pulling her to safety but both of them got electrocuted.

She said she shouted for help and people around the house came to their rescue and rushed them to the Bawku Presbyterian hospital for medical attention.

Dr Dannise Daliri, Medical Officer of the Hospital, confirmed that the two women died on arrival but indicated that further investigations would be carried out.

Mr Gershon Kumahlor, Stationed Officer of the Northern Electricity Distribution Company, noted some one tempered with the electric wire leading to the fatalities.

Madam Hajia Bola who is the owner of the house was arrested by the Bawku Police to assist the police in investigating the criminal aspect of the incident.

source: citifmonline.com

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.