Salaga shooting: Police deny death of eight people

good

Northern Regional Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Ebenezer Teteh has debunked rumours that eight persons lost their lives in a shooting incident at Salaga over the weekend.

Speaking on Atinka AM Drive Monday, ASP Tetteh said officially, it is only one Abubakar Salam, a three-and-half-year-old boy who has been confirmed dead.

Mr. Ebenezer Tetteh said the police took possession and conveyed the body to his family and together buried him in accordance with the Islamic traditions. “So far there are no records that eight people have been confirmed dead in the incident as it was widely said on social media and other media platforms,” he said

Giving a background to the case, ASP Teteh said according to eyewitness account, the incident was triggered by a chieftaincy issue involving two persons who are contesting to be enskinned as chief of the area.

He said one of the factions was having an event in the area and suddenly an unknown gunmen emerged and started shooting into the crowds.

The Police PRO said the village folks could not identify any of the suspects who are currently on the run but said police had beefed up security in the area to ensure peace and order.

 

Source: atinkaonline.com

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.