In today’s fast paced world, one needs to be on one’s toes all the time.
With so much to do in a short period of time, it’s better to be organized so as to increase your productivity at all places, be it home or office.
So here are few quick organizing tips to sharpen your skills.
1. Maintain a ‘to-do’ diary
It helps immensely to write down the things that you need to do. That’s the role of a ‘to-do’ diary. For maximum benefit, divide the diary into three parts: ‘Top Priority’, ‘Urgent’ and ‘Essential’.
2. Do a self-analysis every afternoon
This check should be done in consonance with your ‘to-do’ diary so that you can know what your progress is and how you should be going about the rest of the day so as to complete all your tasks on time.
3. Invest in good files and folders
Good files and folders are your tools in organizing yourself. Keep all your household bills separately in different files, or alternatively you can buy a file with many transparent separate pockets. That way you can have one household file, and yet everything would be organized.
4. Arm yourself with essential stationery
Always keep stapler, office pins, clips and other such things handy.
5. Devote 5 minutes to de – clutter yourself everyday
Everyday, give 5 minutes of your time to throw away the things you don’t need. Parking slips, pamphlets, brochures and the likes that you keep collecting throughout the day but have no need for later, should be discarded to keep yourself clutter free.
6. Make a list before you go out for shopping This helps to organize your shopping trip and makes you more productive.
7. Store similar items together Whether in home or office, keep similar items together. In kitchen, store all the baking utensils, jars, measuring cups and the likes at one place. Keep all the files having utility bills at one place and so on.
8. Keep open baskets at home/office
They are a great way to quickly sort different things. For example, keep dirty clothes in one basket, clothes to be ironed in another. Similarly you can use such baskets for sorting different papers in the office.
9. Put away things you rarely use
Put away the things that you don’t use frequently. This way you can have better access to things that you use daily or regularly.
10. Plan daily before sleeping
Five minutes of planning can go a long way in organizing your whole day. So every night before planning, try to have a mental picture of what you’ll be doing the next day and how