The President has named a new DCE for the Nkwanta South District Assembly in the Volta Region a year after the death of the former DCE, Peter Kojo Kenyeso.
Peter Kojo Kenyeso was gunned down in November 2014 by some unknown assailants at his residence.
Meanwhile the President has appointed Alfred Kofi Wukanya to replace him.Other persons have also been appointed to head various Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies in the country.
A statement from the Flagstaff House said President John Dramani Mahama made the new appointments in accordance with Article 243(1) of the 1992 Constitution and Section 20(1) of the Local Government Act 1993, Act 462.
The new MMDCEs are:
- Abura- Asebu- Kwamankese: Frank Pratt
- Suhum Municipal: Margaret Ansei
- Nkwanta South: Alfred Kofi Wukanya
- Sefwi Wiawso: Lawrence Ackah Santana
- Bolgatanga: Aboore Adongo Phillip
- East Mamprusi: Magnus Jacob Yama Tampuri
- Kpandai: Alfred Donkor
- Tano North: Apraku Lartey
The statement further directed some of the MMDCEs to vacate their positions.
- Ada West: Anthony Klokpa
- Kintampo South: Kwadwo Nyame Datiakwa
- East Mamprusi: Imoro Adams
- Kpandai: Jasper Jato Maoyi
- Upper West Akim: Derek Ohene Asifo
- Wassa Amenfi East: Stephen Baidoo
- Sene West: Moses Adae Fofie