One injured in Cedi House explosion

cedi house

One person has been severely injured as a result of an explosion that occurred at the power room of the Cedi House in Accra.

The man who is a worker at the electricity department at the Cedi House happened to be in front of the room at the time of the incident, according to eyewitnesses.

“He suffered severe burns on the right side of his head and part of his body was black when they brought him out of the building,” an eyewitness told Myjoyonline.com.

The eyewitnesses say they heard a loud explosion at about 6:30 am, Friday, March 18.

The victim was rushed to the Ridge Hospital for treatment and the fire was doused by personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service, one worker told myjoyonline.com.

The fire which affected the power room at the ground floor has caused a blackout in the whole building.

As a result, the elevator of the 14 storey building which houses the Ghana Stock Exchange and other offices is unable to function.

Workers in the building were advised to stay outside while electricians assessed and fixed the electrical fault.

“Those who were already inside the building rushed out when they heard the noise and others who reported for work afterwards have been denied access to the building,” an eyewitness told Myjoyonline.com.

Workers of the Ghana Stock Exchange and other workers in their Friday outfits were seen at the car park of the premises and around the building while authorities tried to solve the problem.

 

Source: myjoyonline

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.