NDC denies Mahama’s challenger nomination forms

 width=The 45-year-old polling station executive of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), George Boateng who wants to contest President John Mahama is threatening to drag the governing party to court over its refusal to give him the nomination forms.

Mr Boateng said he was denied entry into the party’s headquarters where he went on Tuesday, hoping to pick-up the new forms.

Speaking to the media after he finally agreed to leave the NDC premises, George Boateng said some of the national leaders are deliberately frustrating him.

He said he had been asked by the General Secretary of the Party to go and that he will be called later.

“That was an instruction from the general [Asiedu Nketia]. I don’t know when they will call me but I’m going. I feel frustrated.”

He lamented that “when I arrived here [NDC headquarters] they were preventing me from entering, they asked me to wait and for more than two hours there was no response. General [Asiedu Nketia] arrived and he’s asked me to go and he will call me back.”

He insisted that the party had wanted “to put pressure on me to step aside so that the president can go unopposed which is not democratic,” adding that “it’s a strategy by some of the executives to sabotage my bid.”

The disgruntled George Boateng said if he doesn’t get any notification from the party by Thursday he will head to court “because I cannot force him [the General Secretary] but the court can do that.”

The party’s General Secretary Johnson Asiedu Nketia declared Boateng’s forms he picked up earlier as invalid.

George Boateng, had earlier gone to the psychiatric hospital to prove he is mentally sound enough to contest President Mahama.

source: citifmonline.com