I must confess, I have an obsession with prints! One of my favorite things to do when styling is mixing prints and patterns.
People often ask how on earth I get to mix prints effortlessly. Mixing prints is truly an art.
Styling is all about creativity, having fun, experimenting and of course thinking outside the box. Being a stylist is just like being an artist.
There’s absolutely an art to this trend, bear in mind, mixing prints the wrong way can make you look like a hot mess.
Here are 6 tips on how to mix prints successfully:
1. Keep printed pieces next to each other when mixing prints.
2. Remember less is more. Don’t over accessorize when mixing prints and patterns.
3. Color is key. Having a uniform color pattern helps in mixing prints or always look for similar colors in different prints.
4. Mix prints with similar scales. For example large stripes with thin stripes
5. Pair neutrals with colorful prints
6. The key to mixing prints is CONFIDENCE. You have to be daring but know when something does NOT work.