[HUMANITY] Residents of Esreso rescue boy, 6, from RAGING FIRE

Some residents of Esreso helping to quench the fire

Some residents of Esreso helping to quench the fire

The timely intervention of some residents at Ophelia Junction at Esreso in the Bosomtwe District in the Ashanti Region saved the life of a six-year-old boy who was asleep in a house that had caught fire around 9a.m.

Identified only as Chris, the mother had left him alone in the house. He was rescued by the residents who managed to put out the fire before personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service arrived at the scene 30 minutes later.

The bravery of the residents, which saw them running from their respective homes with buckets of water to douse the flames also helped to prevent an extensive damage to the property.

Rescue team   

According to Anti Obaa Yaa, who rescued the six-year-old boy, she was in the area to buy food and saw smoke coming from the roof of the house.

Together with the food seller, Adiza, they gathered courage and moved into the building to rescue the boy whose mother, Abena Boatemaa, had gone out to buy food items.

Obaa Yaa told the Daily Graphic that when she entered the house, the small boy mistook her for a thief and said he was going to tell his mother she was in the house to steal.

Eyewitness account  

Some residents suspected electric power fluctuations in the area might have caused the fire but a bar attendant, Ms Gladys Nortey, who also helped to quench the fire, disagreed and said the electric power in the area had been stable last Thursday.

Mother of boy

The victim, Abena Boatemaa, said she was out of the house for about 15 minutes and returned to see the house engulfed in fire.

She expressed surprise and said the room from where the fire was suspected to have started belonged to her parents who lived outside Ghana and that she hardly went to that room.

She said she had lost valuable items worth thousands of cedis but was grateful that nothing happened to her son.

She explained that they had been living in the house for about 11 years together with her brother, a banker, who at the time of the incident had gone to work.

Source: graphiconline.com.gh

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.