Gov’t says ban on hampers still in force

Government says the decision prohibiting the use of state funds for procurement of Christmas gifts and presents, is still in force.

President John Mahama last year issued the directive to Ministries, Departments and Agencies to desist from using public resources for Christmas and New Year gifts such as hampers during the upcoming yuletide.

The decision also included Metropolitan, Municipal, and District Assemblies (MMDAs).

A statement issued Monday December 8, and signed by the Minister for Communications, Dr. Edward Omane Boamah, said the 2013 directive targeting all MDAs financed from the consolidated fund “is still in force and all concerned are expected to comply.”

source : myjoyonline.com