The Biggest student’s festival the Ghana Tertiary Awards 2016 is slated for Friday, 21st October, 2016 at the National Theatre of Ghana.
The Event has as part of its program activities on that Friday an exclusive red carpet session which starts at 7pm with KMJ of Hitz FM and Ajay of Youth Web TV before the main show starts at8pm with three of Ghana’s finest MCs hosting the main show that’s JKD of Campus base TV, Maudlyn Ardey of Watsup TV and Monte Oz of MMTV.
Tertiary education, also referred to as third stage, third level, and post-secondary education, is the educational level following the completion of a school providing a secondary education.
The World Bank, for example, defines tertiary education as including universities as well as institutions that teach specific capacities of higher learning such as colleges, technical training institutes, community colleges, nursing schools, research laboratories, centers of excellence, and distance learning centers.
In an interview with the Public/Corporate Affairs Manageress of Youth Web Group (Organizers of the Ghana Tertiary Awards) Ms. Francis Dzifa Kwawu, she disclosed that this year’s Ghana Tertiary Awards has the following objectives:
• To Award students whose lives have changed their society, through their contribution in the area of their work even though they are students.
• To understand why the students lose their way and self-awareness needed to avoid derailment
• To equip the students with leadership principles, values and ethical boundaries that will enable them handle pressures when severely challenged.
• To find strategies to eliminate extreme poverty, up-hold human right, safeguard a sustainable community and human dignity for poor and vulnerable population.
• To use this Awards platform to talk to them to take leadership positions right from school or community or parliament or hold international roles to boost the current quota.
• To use this year’s Awards Festival to educate the students on “the myth of hepatitis B” And to debunk the myths around it.
• To explore the understanding of Entrepreneurship and Identify factors and resources which are useful in the undertaking initiatives and entrepreneurial activities by students
• To understand what is motivating them, both extrinsically and intrinsically and to find leadership paths that will enable them to utilize their motivated capabilities.
Again she added that tickets for the event is going for 20 GHC standard and 40 GHC VIP to allow all manner of students to be able to afford the ticket across the country. Also Ms. Francisca Dzifa Kwawu added that for the sake of convenience, tickets can be bought via all the Mobile Money systems and door to door delivery by visiting www.ticketdoug.com or www.ghanatertiary.org .
The Ghana Tertiary Awards 2016 will have in attendance many celebrated Ghanaians in all areas of Ghana’s development. For more information contact 0543 55 8381 or 030 39 772 57