The Black Stars Management Committee has blocked Avram Grant’s request for yet another holiday break in Europe.
With less than a month for Ghana to play Egypt in their second World Cup qualifier, Grant is said to have tendered in a request for a break from his $50,000 per month job.
Wilfred Osei Kwaku, a member of the Black Stars Management Committee, said that the Israeli asked to fly to the United Kingdom right after Ghana’s friendly against South Africa last Tuesday but his request was quickly shot down.
“After the game, he (Grant) had planned to go back to the UK, but I had to stop him looking at the situation we find ourselves in. You know what has been going on and so it was important for us to meet him. We will be meeting him…to discuss issues going forward.”
In March, this year, the GFA ordered Grant back into the country after he had been away for three months, despite the local league being in session.
In that letter sent to Grant, the FA wrote: “The position of the Emergency Committee is that you have not been given any permission or approval to perform any monitoring work in Europe for the months of January, February and March 2016.”
Source: The Finder