Mario Balotelli completed his medical with French club Nice and has sealed a move from Liverpool.
The controversial Italian striker has been frozen out of Liverpool’s squad by manager Jurgen Klopp and has been training with the youth team this summer.
And after being turned down by the likes of Sassuolo for a summer switch, the 26-year-old is now set to play outside of England and Italy for the first time. Balotelli threw a dinner party for his friends in Manchester city centre on Monday night, in what seemed to be a grand farewell.
Wearing lime green high-top trainers, and an equally garish T-shirt, the Liverpool flop enjoyed a night in the private dining room of Italian restaurant San Carlo.
Nice president Jean-Pierre Rivere has been vocal in his praise for Balotelli, who was signed in 2014 for £16million by Brendan Rodgers.
Balotelli seemed to be facing an uncertain future earlier this month after Serie A side Sassuolo rejected the chance to sign him.
The club’s chief executive Giovanni Carnevali told an Italian TV station: ‘[Agent, Mino] Raiola offered us Balotelli, but we refused.’
Balotelli was also said to have met with Monaco president Dmitry Rybolovlev earlier in the transfer window.