1. Whenever you make him laugh. If all the Facebook posts my friend’s mom shares are true, then Marilyn Monroe once said, “If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.” The same applies to guys too. I guess some women can make guys do anything even if they can’t make them laugh, but it’s still better if you can make them laugh, honestly.
2. When you fall asleep on his shoulder. This is easily on the list of “Top 5 Things Guys Would Call ‘Adorable’ Even Though Guys Seldom Use the Word ‘Adorable’ and Also the Word ‘Seldom.'” I wouldn’t want to read that list though.
3. When you give back one of his sweatshirts. Don’t steal them. Someone who knows how to borrow … that’s the kind of person guys fall in love with.
4. When he wakes up next to you and realizes how lucky he is. He does this more often than you know, but then he goes back to sleep for three hours, and you wake up and get mad at him for sleeping through brunch.
5. The first time you spend a day in bed together. This is what clinches it: Spending 24 hours together and not getting bored is the moment when you go from being “sort of a couple maybe” to “this is definitely a thing.” It might even be the first time he realized he was in love with you.
6. Whenever he doesn’t get to see you after a long period of time. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. That’s it. That’s all I have to say about this one.
7. When you’re there for him when he needs you most. Whether he just lost his job or made it through a particularly crushing NFL season, he appreciates you being there even if you don’t understand why he’s so upset (Okay, especially if you don’t understand why he’s so upset).
8. After your first huge fight. Most couples have that moment where they really have to make the decision to put in the effort the relationship needs to work, and that oftentimes comes after a big fight. While the fight itself may not have been so fun, knowing that you’re both willing to fight it out and see things through to the other side just solidifies his feelings for you.
9. Any time you have one of those Perfect Couple Days. It’s different for everyone, but every couple has those days where everything just aligns and they have a blast together, whether they’re out hiking, or staying in and having a horror movie marathon. These are the days he keeps in the back of his mind for whenever he’s annoyed at you.