Messenger bags have been around for quite some time, but they don’t carry the mail anymore. With new and modern designs, made of high-end fabrics and coming in shapes and sizes suitable for all women out there, messenger bags are now a staple of the “business casual” style, redefining women’s versatility, dynamic lifestyles, powerful personalities and free spirit.
Nowadays, fashion designers are all in favor of the modern and revamped messenger bag for women (and men as well) because this type of bag seems to become a classic, just like the timeless clutch or the iconic Birkin Bag.
In case you consider that messenger bags are not “ladylike” and have second thoughts about them, let’s see the top three reasons why you should offer them a place in your life.
1. They Are Incredibly Versatile
Women love their bags and purses but sometimes, the situation requires that we wear a corporate-looking briefcase or folio, while we really need to carry around some personal items, shopping items, maybe some gym clothes and makeup. You can welcome the messenger bag in your life, especially one that is provided with top handles and a removable shoulder strap.
It can fit in everything you need for a long day (from laptop to lipstick), and it can be “transformed” into a formal office case or a casual-stylish shoulder bag. Just like the legendary little black dress, the messenger bags can be worn for any occasion and can be styled up any way you see fit.
2. They Match Any Type of Outfit
The beauty of messenger feminine leather & canvas bags is that they fit any outfit and go great with all occasions. Have you ever gone through the trouble of matching your type of shoes with the type of purse, as trainers and Birkin bags don’t qualify you as a stylish fashionista? Have you ever considered that a certain bag clashes against an outfit, overwhelming it or toning it down too much? Well, the messenger bags save you from such dilemmas.
- The feminine lines and the sophisticated elegance of such bags can always style up your power suit;
- They go immensely great with casual or business casual outfits, adding a dash of laidback spirit to your appearance;
- They make an incredible add-on to a sporty outfit when you run errands or take a short trip over the weekend;
- You can wear them on the shoulder for a more professional look, or you can convert them into cross-body bags for a more street-casual and laidback look;
- You can pick classic colors and shades like black or dark brown for a more formal look (in slim, slick, elegant lines), or you can go for a vintage flair or hippie one by choosing canvas and leather combinations in retro designs and detailing.
3. They Will Take You Everywhere
And we mean literally everywhere, as this type of bag is the epitome of comfortable carrying. You may have seen already plenty of celebrities sporting messenger bags, but keep in mind these wonders are not only bound to urban environments and office meetings. Kate Winslet, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Anna Paquin are on to something, as they are oftentimes spotted casually strolling in the streets rocking their messenger bags.
But there are many more contexts and environments where you can take (and make the best out of) your messenger bag and here are some of them:
- They can be carried around as weekenders for the ladies loving a weekend getaway or a city break abroad;
- They are the perfect companions for the avid road traveler and adventurer who need to look stylish while feeling completely comfortable and free to move around the world;
- It is a staple-accessory for photographers, freelancers, busy professionals, moms, and commuters, as it can carry everything while keeping its feminine, contemporary flair;
- It can take you to the office early in the morning, to the gym after the working hours, and at a casual party with friends late at night;
Messenger bags are here to stay, as fashion emblems like Gucci or Luis Vuitton made abundantly clear in their fashion shows. Messenger bags are getting more and more attention, and they are designed to suit all needs, tastes, and personal styles