Below are listed Public Holidays for the January 2015-December 2015 period.
Muslim festivals are timed according to local sightings of various phases of the moon and the dates given below are approximations. During the lunar month of Ramadan that precedes Eid al-Fitr, Muslims fast during the day and feast at night and normal business patterns may be interrupted. Some disruption may continue into Eid al-Fitr itself. Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha may last up to several days, depending on the region.
- New Year’s Day: 1 January 2015
- Independence Day: 6 March 2015
- Good Friday: 3 April 2015
- Easter Monday:6 April 2015
- Labour Day: 1 May 2015
- Africa Day: 25 May 2015
- Republic Day: 1 July 2015
- Eid al-Fitr (End of Ramadan): 20 July 2015 (estimate)
- Kwame Nkrumah Birthday: 21 September 2015
- Eid al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice): 24 September 2015 (estimate)
- National Farmers’ Day: 4 December 2015
- Christmas Day: 25 December 2015
- Boxing Day: 26 December 2015