Is it wrong to retaliate someone when they wrong you? Do I have to feed my enemy? Why should I be kind to someone I don’t even know?
The world revolves, and everything you do is rewarded, whether good or bad.
Some call it Karma, but I had a deeper conviction reading the twelfth chapter of Paul’s letter to the Romans, where he shared profound instructions for a peaceful life.
First, everyone has a unique gift on earth and what we need to realize is that it is to be used to help others. Our purpose in life is to affect others positively!
As I grew up, I understood why we have two hands: one is for yourself and the other to help others.
1. Your gift may be prophecy; be it faith or exhortation, do it to inspire others to rise to their full potential. Give in simplicity, rule with diligence, show mercy with cheerfulness. Whatever gift you have, use it to help others.
2. Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
3. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
4. Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
5. Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
6. Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
7. Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
8. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
9. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
10. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
11. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
12. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay,” saith the Lord.
Therefore, if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Let these instruction be in your heart and you will have so much peace in this world and beyond.